15.1.06

"I Approved Those Ad's..."

I considered myself too partisan to determine whether the Lib attack ad's would work ... After all, I thought they were awful and could quite possibly backfire, but would less partisan Canadian voters see it that way?

So far, so good, although I add - once again - that this campaign is NOT over. Not one CPC MP has been elected as of yet. Please repeat that message as often as you can till the polls close on the 23rd. Thank you.

Now, where was I? Oh, right, the attack ad's. The Tories have posted what appeares to my tired, biased eyes to be one hell of a good counter-punch. You can watch it and judge for yourself here.

I haven't seen it on TV yet, but I'll be watching for it ...

{h/t}

More later.

3 Comments:

At 4:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent. You'd have thought that Liberal strategists would have seen that retort coming and never even have produced it in the first place. Saboteurs within their own ranks. Funnier still, the only government in recent memory to have purposefully placed armed soldiers in Canadian streets was a Liberal one.

 
At 6:57 p.m., Blogger Psychols said...

The armed soldiers ad was terribly misleading and the Liberals were right to suppress it. The fact that it got out in the first place probably backfired.

It strikes me that some of the other Liberal ads do raise legitimate concerns, even if they are, to a lesser extent, somewhat misleading. Rather than counter the allegations with valid arguments, the CPC has chosen to respond with their own misleading ad. It implies that responses to this single ad by Liberals are indicative of the response to all Liberal attack ads.

All four major parties can be accused of conducting a less than optimistic campaign. Unless there is a majority government, the next parliament is likely to be as unconstructive and short lived as the last.

 
At 11:06 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a comment on the Ad about Harper saying something to the effect that Canada was the northern welfare state and proud of it.

I take that to mean- he is pointing out the difference between the US and Canada and saying we have more social programs and are proud of it. How do the anti- american movement see this as bad? I would think - they are proud of it too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home