11.12.05

Oh. Hell. YEAH.

Liberal gaffes aside, this story just made my day. Brad Gushue and his Newfoundland-born team (along with Russ Howard, who I'm pretty sure has been made an honourary Newfoundlander by now, and who'll probably never have to pay for a drink in St John's again for the rest of his life) have won the right to represent Canada at the '06 Olympics.

I can't wait till I get the chance to watch Brad and his team at the Olympics ... with a bottle of beer in one hand, and a bowl of popcorn in the other ...

More later.

3 Comments:

At 12:18 a.m., Blogger Adam Daifallah said...

It was a great game! I am really glad for Russ too. Great guy, and the Olys are about the only thing he has left to accomplish.

 
At 1:40 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was a fantastic game. How often do you see all 8 players curl at 100% in one end? I admit I was cheering for Gushue even though I'm from Winnipeg. Looks like we've got some solid representation in the sport of curling for the olympics. The women's team should be good too.

 
At 11:29 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, look at you big shooter. Bustin' out the old beer and popcorn bit. That's classic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home