30.1.06

Super-Bonus-Western-Alienation-From-Non-Westerner Post

So the conventional wisdom says this guy can't be Minister of Finance, because he comes from the same province as this guy.

Funny, I don't remember anyone squawking about the whole "same province" issue when this guy was named Minister of Finance in this guy's government, do you?

(Ed. note: I actually won't pitch a fit if Monte gets some other post in cabinet, nor will I object if the Min. of Fin. job goes to some other well-qualified person. I just find the notion of people getting the vapours over 2 guys from the same province having rather important jobs kind of amusing - and a bit depressing. As you were.)

More later.

2 Comments:

At 2:18 p.m., Blogger Candace said...

Good point. Why does the CPC have to worry about it if the Liberals didn't? Thanks for pointing out why the whole concept wasn't ringing true to me.

Besides, one could argue that technically Harper is from Ontario, right?

 
At 1:39 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, old friend! It's amazing what you'll find when you're out browsing election blogs! It's Andrew Daglish, your long lost President in Exile, all warm and toasty here in Southern California. It's been a lifetime since we've talked and I'd love to get caught up. Drop me a line at daglish4@sbcglobal.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home