24.4.05

I've Been Linked, Newbie-like ...

Many thanks to Kate at Small Dead Animals for including me in her newbie list.

I'm even more grateful since, technically speaking, this here blog has been up for more than a month - but as I explained to her, it has been less than a month since I started posting on anything close to a consistent level.

To avoid any Gomery-esque accusations of sucking up for personal gain, I've waited till after her list went up to say this: Since I started paying attention to this whole "blog thang", I've found that Kate's SDA is often one of the better on-line reads out there. Her own "motorcycle diaries" (non-Che version) are quite good, though you have to hunt for them a little bit.

(I'd better stop with the praise at this point, or this post will start to sound like Paul Martin talking about Boulay's wife in his "Cher Claude" letter.)

Anyway, thanks again, Kate.

More later.

6 Comments:

At 7:33 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Newbie,

Consider yourself bookmarked .... and it ain't from no moonbat ... ;-)

 
At 8:15 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! Nice to hear from another Conservative supporter in the GTA... I look forward to reading more of you in the future.

 
At 8:48 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I are you willing to hand over the decision making to the good old wonderheads at Freedominion.org?

Most urban Canadians are afraid of gay people, or that access to birth control will cause our society to burn in hell.

A party can be judged by it's fringe element.

And once the Gallants and Connies get more airtime, people will ask

"Who shares my sense of comunity more?"

And the Alliance side of the PC's will not get the nod.


Rufus

 
At 9:20 p.m., Blogger Jason Hickman said...

First off, thanks to "anon." and jason m. for the kind remarks.

Now, as for Rufus ... I doubt whether I have the skills to persuade you that a CPC government will not strip every imaginable civil right from gays and lesbians.

I also doubt that many people will assume that the CPC will robustly defend a "birth control will lead you to hell" policy.

Quite frankly, the people who honestly quake in their boots at the thought that the CPC will promote that kind of agenda, probably aren't in the Party's target demographic.

Sure, there are plenty of people who aren't fond of some of the social conservatives in the CPC, but I doubt that many of the (rational) critics are going to start wondering whether the Party's going to take the condoms off the shelves of the nation's pharmacies anytime soon.

Anyway, if the good ol' "hidden agenda / crazy so-con" nonsense is the best that the anti-CPC folks can come up with, I feel better already.

Thanks for stopping by.

 
At 11:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few years ago I was the guest of a dog food company at a large Toronto hotel. I was walking through the lobby with a friend, who happens to be gay, when we spotted Preston Manning. He was busy with someone else, so I didn't make a detour to talk to him. At the same moment we spotted him, my friend started ranting about how he wanted to "lock up all the gays... blah blah blah..." At first I thought he was joking, but to my astonishment he was dead serious.

Until then, I had only questioned his politics. At that point, I had to reconsider his intelligence.

Kate

 
At 11:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good answer Jason... you be one cool dude, guess I'll have to keep posting comments when I check your comments for tips... ;-)

I was the "Hey Newbie" post. I've also posted your link here http://scandal.coldwave.net

Keep up the most excellent work.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home