1.11.05

Chretien Gets His Kicks In ...

Well, apparently le petit' gars put on quite a show. I wasn't able to watch it live, but I did check out some of the press coverage. However, Calgary Grit brings us what may be the highlight. From CG's day-long coverage:

When asked about the party banning people for life, Chretien gets off the line of the day: "Well, I never knew the party had that power. If I'd known I had that power...well...I might have used it on several occasions. For example, when Monsieur Lapierre left the party to found the Bloc Quebecois, I would have banned him for life." ZING!

Now, unlike CG, I'm not exactly a member of the Chretien Fan Club. But damn my eyes if he doesn't know how to stick the knife in.

Calgary Grit also notes that Alfonso is going to run as an independent. If that turns out to be true, the race in that riding will be more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

More later.

1 Comments:

At 7:27 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

He also nailed Martin. "Of course he knew" he said. He said he knew because he was in the cabinet and he voted and also the Treasury Board members knew and voted, and Martin was second in command there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home